Dua Istikhara is a prayer, which we make before doing the istikhara. It is a signal of guidance and blessing for our important decisions in life where we are confused. We request Allah Almighty to guide us if this task is better for us or not. Istikhara is a powerful tool and blessing that Allah has given us to seek guidance. Istikhara is a way to get the suggestion of Allah (SWT) before doing something important. You can’t do the istikhara for already cleared decisions, like Haram and Halal.
- To seek the guidance of Allah
- Get the sign of a guide for the future.
- To know the best option to do.
- To make a decision about choosing a life partner.
- Istikhara is a way to choose the right career.
How to pray Istikhara Dua?
The Prophet of Allah (Peace Be Upon Him) also taught us the way of offering Dua Istikhara. Online Istikhara team gives you full-on a detailed article on this. The first step of offering Dua Istikhara or any other prayer is to cleanliness. You should clean yourself before praying. Ablution or Wozu is the best way to clean one by physically and mentally both.
After this, open your prayer and recites two rakats, after that recites your supplication. The result of Salat-al-Istikhara shows in the form of a miracle or any symbol. You should keep yourself be calm and waiting for the sign. During this, you can take advice to the people that you think are knowledgeable.
You should consider the advice of the people who have real knowledge and waiting for results. Always show-out sincerity while you are praying to Allah. Begging and pleading are not acceptable. Indeed you are truthful to Allah hence, Allah should give you guidance.
- Do Ablution or Wozu
Do ablutions (Wudu): Before doing the Dua istikhara, it is necessary to perform the ablution. Ablution (Wudu) is a very important act in Islam and also worships itself. It is necessary to perform ablution (wudu) before every Prayer of the day. For wuzu, we wash our hands, mouth, face, nose, and forearms three times. You may need to perform Ghusal if you have done the intercourse. Wozu is the essential thing that ensures you are clean. Perform Wozu before praying. There are many benefits of Wozu. Few of them mention here:
- Wozu not only cleans your body parts but also centralizes your thoughts.
- It develops a sense that you are going to offer yourself in front of Allah.
- After Wazu you limited yourself and your thoughts.
The Holy Prophet (SAW) taught us the way of performing Wozu. There are 5 things which called “Farz”. Farz is a thing that you can’t give up. Following are the 5 Farz of ablution:
- Wash your mouth and nose three times.
- Wash your face by three times.
- Wash your hands and forearms a trice.
- Rinse your forehead and ear once.
After performing them, pointed your finger to the sky and read the Wozu Dua:
“Ash-hadu al laa ilaaha illALLAHu wahdahuu laa shariikalahu, wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhuu wa rasuuluh.”
Translation in English:
“I bear witness that there is no deity other than Allah alone; He is One; He has no partner and I bear witness that Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) is His (chosen) servant and (true) Messenger.”
But in some cases, you need to take a bath that is called ‘’Ghusal’’. They are the cases after the emission of semen, intercourse, and menstrual period. The Ghusal is compulsory after these conditions.
Istikhara Dua in Arabic
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْتَخِيرُكَ بِعِلْمِكَ وَأَسْتَقْدِرُكَ بِقُدْرَتِكَ وَأَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ فَضْلِكَ الْعَظِيمِ فَإِنَّكَ تَقْدِرُ وَلَا أَقْدِرُ وَتَعْلَمُ وَلَا أَعْلَمُ وَأَنْتَ عَلَّامُ الْغُيُوبِ اللَّهُمَّ إِنْ كُنْتَ تَعْلَمُ أَنَّ هَذَا الْأَمْرَ خَيْرٌ لِي فِي دِينِي وَمَعَاشِي وَعَاقِبَةِ أَمْرِي فَاقْدُرْهُ لِي وَيَسِّرْهُ لِي ثُمَّ بَارِكْ لِي فِيهِ وَإِنْ كُنْتَ تَعْلَمُ أَنَّ هَذَا الْأَمْرَ شَرٌّ لِي فِي دِينِي وَمَعَاشِي وَعَاقِبَةِ أَمْرِي فَاصْرِفْهُ عَنِّي وَاصْرِفْنِي عَنْهُ وَاقْدُرْ لِي الْخَيْرَ حَيْثُ كَانَ ثُمَّ أَرْضِنِي
Istikhara Dua in English
“O Allah, verily I seek the better [of either choice] from You, by Your knowledge, and I seek ability from You, by Your power, and I ask You from Your immense bounty. For indeed You have power, and I am powerless; You have the knowledge and I know not; You are the Knower of the unseen realms. O Allah, if You know that this matter is good for me with regard to my religion, my livelihood, and the end of my affair then decree it for me, facilitate it for me, and grant me a blessing in it. And if You know that this matter is not good for me with regard to my religion, my livelihood and the end of my affair then turn it away from me and me from it; and decree for me better than it, wherever it may be, and make me content with it.”
- Ready The Prayer Space
It is also important to clean the space where you are praying. Mostly people clean themselves but they give no preference to space. But Allah likes complete cleanliness. Your space, clothes, body, environment, etc should be neat and clean. After this, place a mate on the floor in such a way that the mate and yours face in the direction of Qibla.
- Start Your Prayer
After Wozu and deciding clean space, open your prayer. The points after open the prayer are mention below one-by-one.
- Keep in the notice, when you are starting your prayer it is essential to keep all your intention in praying. Try to not have other thoughts while you are praying.
- Raise your both hands to your ears and say “Allah Akbar”.
- After this recite the Opening dua or Isteftah prayer.
- Recite Ta’awwuz and Tasmia after the opening prayer.
- Surah Fateha is the start of the Holy Quran and Prophet (SAW) taught us to recite this surah in every prayer.
- Recite any part of the Holy Quran after the Surah Fateha but our Prophet gave preference to Surah Ikhlas.
- Then Recite your Istikhara Prayer and go through the remaining rakats. You can also get Online Istikhara Dua by many websites.
- The second Rakat also offers in an above-mentioned way.
- Repeat this prayer until you don’t get the results.
Praying When You Need
When you are going to make an important decision then it is compulsory for you to seeking guidance from Allah. In Shaa Allah you will get better results. Meanwhile, you can take advice from your seniors. It will really helpful to you.
Our Online Istikhara Team expected that this article proves to be valuable to you. You can also search for Online Istikhara from the WikiHow website.
Contact us for more Queries and visit our website istikhara.org :
Phone no: 0092-300-4470016
E-mail Address: ISTIKHARA14@gmail.com